“There are all sorts of service to be done but always for the same Lord” Corinthians 12:5
Serving Your Community
We all have our talents and gifts from God and St Flannan's Catholic Parish relies heavily on each and every parishioner who is ready and willing to give of their time and talent in serving Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour.
Some ministry examples include:
- Serving at Mass as a eucharistic minister
- Visiting the elderly and housebound such as those at Symes Grove, Taigum
- Leading and participating in prayer groups
- Helping out at cleaning working bee
- Preparing the toys and food for the Vinnies Christmas Hampers
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer please contact the Parish Office.
Volunteers are covered by the Archdiocesan Insurance Policy. The cover is for death or injury whilst working with/for the Parish. There is also cover for some medical costs paid only if Medicare does not cover such costs. Volunteers working with children are required to hold a Blue Card which is valid for 3 years. For these reasons, all volunteers must be registered with the Parish.
Depending on the type of volunteer work you wish to perform paperwork may include: