The recycling team are responsible for monitoring and emptying the recycling bins in the church kitchen.
Children are welcome in this ministry.
Learn about recycling and help educate fellow parishioners through example.
For further information contact the Social Justice Action Group or the Parish Office.
- mixed recyclables (glass, paper, metals, hard plastics) such as you would place in your yellow Council recycling bin at home
- paper plates
- serviettes (if not much food waste on them)
- aluminium cans
- glass bottles
- plastic drink containers
- soft plastics for recycling in the RedCycle bins at Coles or Woolworths
- glad wrap (if not much food waste on them)
- plastic shopping bags
- biscuit packet wrappers
- organic waste for mulching in the Community Composting Hub at Kingfisher Recycling Centre, Aspley
- tea bags
- food scraps
- everything else goes in this bin, the contents of which will go to landfill.