Each year our St Vincent de Paul Conference prepares Christmas hampers for people in our local area.
We usually cater for about 70 families – generally people that have called on us for assistance at some point in the year.
The Christmas hampers consist of a toy for each child, Christmas fare and a Grocery gift card.
A ‘Gifting Tree’ is set up in the church during Advent with a generic gift tags for each of the children we will be assisting.
Parishioners are invited to:
- take a gift tag and buy a suitable gift for the child, returning it, unwrapped, to the Gifting Tree
- bring non-perishable food for the Christmas hampers
- sort the food for the Christmas hampers
- prepare the toys for the Christmas hampers
- deliver the Christmas hampers